There is no final destination that represents the end of our Living Journey sustainability efforts. It’s a process of continuous improvement and assessment. We celebrate our successes but recognize that there is always more we can do, and we are constantly looking to improve our processes, engagement, measurement and transparency.
Our goal is to integrate sustainability throughout our business, partnerships and employee programs.
Letter From Our Chairman and CEO
Since 1918, Hertz has had a long-standing tradition of innovation and industry leadership. Hertz Living Journey strategy strives to build on this heritage as we integrate sustainability practices throughout our business operations, provide Smart Mobility choices to customers and manage our environment impacts through efficiency and technology improvements.
Read Chairman and CEO, Mark P. Frissora’s letter about Hertz Living Journey. Learn more >
Corporate Sustainability Overview
To learn more about the Hertz Living Journey sustainability program and our Green Initiatives, please download our summary report.
Living Journey extends beyond the walls and cars at Hertz. We’re engaging with strategic partners worldwide to help meet our mutual sustainability goals. Learn more >
Led by our senior management team, sustainability helps drive how we do business, whom we do business with and where we invest. Learn more >
- Best Overall Car Rental Company Zagat’s
- Best Green Options Zagat’s
- Sustainable Innovation Award (Green Traveler Collection) Global Business Travel Association
- Top Rated Car Rental Company Newsweek Green Rankings U.S. 500
- Best Rental Car Company Executive Travel
- Most Environmentally Friendly Car Rental Company Swedish Association of Green Motorists
- Environmental Award Fleet News UK
- Computerworld Honors Laureate for Economic Opportunity Donlen Fleets for Change
- 2012 Business Intelligence Solution from American Business Awards Donlen Driver Point